15 July 2008

So Long, Farewell


Czesc',

Today our "Jews in Poland" class went back to Kazimierz with Dr. Galas, our professor and he took us on a personal tour of the old synagogues and other important Jewish sites there. He is so knowledgeable about everything that it is kind of overwhelming. Every place we went he was able to get us in for free or next to nothing and he was constantly running into people who were praising him for his research. I am very blessed to be taking this class.

Most of the Jewish Temples were destroyed or used as storage houses during the second World War, so most of what we saw were the buildings that have been rebuilt to look as historically accurate as possible. I have quite a few pictures that I took today, and I'm rather proud of how they turned out.

The weather is getting better; it didn't rain today, but it was overcast and cool-- I'm not complaining.

I've made some amazing new friends since being here, and I hope that we all hang out after going back to Southern. One of the guys actually has family that lives in Brunswick, so for the past few weeks I've been hanging out with a Townie. Who knew??? And my roommate, Liz, is the coolest. I'm glad that she and I decided to room together; we get along really well and we have alot in common... I think we actually get along better than most roommates, and for that I am very glad. That's one less thing on the trip to worry about.

It has been hard to enjoy myself-- before we left I started having problems with my shoulder and collar bone, and since we got here the pain has intensified. I now have a huge knot on my shoulder, and I'm hoping that it doesn't get any worse in these last few weeks that we're here. So, if everyone would like to pray for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to bed, hopefully my Aleve will kick in soon and my shoulder will stop throbbing. Much love.

Oh, and P.S.- I'm sorry my spelling and grammar are atrocious in most of my e-mails... It's late here when I write them and I get so entranced that I forget to pay attention to what I'm doing. :) That's my excuse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home